Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Think the Rain Just Stopped....

This was my thought last night around 8 PM as I sat on the deck of the camp.  It has been raining off and on up here for the past week.  Literally, each evening we have been getting some torrential downpours along with some days of just good solid rain.  I woke up this morning and it was still raining, but at about 9 AM I saw the bright fireball in the sky and it has not left all day!  I hope this is the beginning of a nice long dry stretch to get the flows back under control.  Just as a heads up for you, the flows have been posted wrong all week long.  They were showing 1st Lake Dam at 144cfs and it is currently somewhere around 400-450cfs in my best judgment.  Needless to say the Trophy Stretch is barely fishable in only a few select safe areas.  The lake is coming down nicely though and I would expect in the next few days that they drop the flows to a normal 200-300cfs.  There should be some nice salmon waiting for us when they do! (Power of positive thinking!) I have had some successful clients in the past few days and we did the best with what we had for conditions.  High water usually brings out some nice fish and these trips were no exception.  I knew our numbers would be lower due to the lack of fishing in the Trophy Stretch, but was pleasantly surprised with a few of the other fish we did land.  I still have openings for July and August, so let me know if Pittsburg is on your agenda! 
-Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com

22" Leaper! 

20" Salmon, What a show that one put on!

15" Holdover, Drag Runner!

Venison ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment