Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pittsburg Preview!

Recently (about a week ago), I was lucky enough to get up to Pittsburg for a 5 day scouting trip.  The plan was to just get all over the place and check out water flows, water temps and snow/ice conditions.  Of course there was plenty of fishing to be had as well.  The water temps in all of the inlets was around 40 - 41 degrees and flows were on the high side everywhere.  That being said, the salmon were right on the edge of coming in.  I did a lot of hiking and scouting in northern areas of Pittsburg and some spots still had over 2 feet of snow in the deep woods.  In southern Pittsburg there was a lot of bare ground and even some good fish to be found.  I am looking forward to guiding and fishing Pittsburg more than ever this season as things are already starting off with a bang! Please let me know if you or anyone that you know might be interested in learning how to fly fish in the great north woods!  I am starting to book up, but still have many weekdays available in July and August to fill!  For full availability shoot me an email!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com
21" and thick!  A good sign of things to come!

My Largest Pittsburg Rainbow to date! 26" Estimated Weight = Heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment