Monday, May 18, 2015

Late Spring ...

It happened again!  I lost all track of time and did not keep up with the blog!  I started guiding in April and fishing has been good!  We started with Landlocked Salmon and big Rainbows and then the southern part of the state went into a little mini drought.  What does that mean?  It's time to head up to Pittsburg!  I have been up quite a bit and had decent success.  The salmon run is in full swing and some good fish have been caught.  I started looking for fish up there by walking the lakes and inlets even before the ice was off the lakes.  Trudging through 2 feet of snow in hopes of one strike from one fish can seem a bit much, but to me it is what it takes to see if you can get into the early ones.  I spent hours fishless but eventually got a few strikes.  Nothing came to net, but I did see one brookie before it took off.  With ice out and warming water temps the fresh fish started moving in and the fishing started right on cue.  To me, salmon fishing is the tops.  It comes every spring and is the entrée before the appetizer of stocked fish for the summer months of guiding.  I look forward to the run once again in the fall and feel a sense of relief that I know they will be back again each spring.  I have started to book in Pittsburg for the summer and still have many weekdays available as of this moment.  As far as weekends, I am running low as my repeat clients have hopped all over those dates.  If you would like to snatch up some of the remaining dates, please let me know soon and I will get you in the books!  School is coming to a close and Pittsburg living is so close I can taste it!  Here are a few highlights from the past few weeks!









No comments:

Post a Comment