Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Hello Everyone!
     I had the pleasure of guiding a good friend, Steve, on Saturday and a return client, Bill, on Sunday.  Steve was a first time fly fisherman, though he is an experienced spin fisherman.  He made the transition from the spin caster to the fly rod look pretty easy and the day was filled with many hookups and even some trophy sized fish landed.  Not too shabby for a beginner!  Bill has been working on his technique and is really starting to see the rewards for his efforts.  He landed a half dozen large fish in a six hour session.  The numbers may not be high this time around, but the quality of fish we have been landing is just amazing.  I am really having a great time helping my clients land fish that I would be more than happy to catch myself.  It looks as though our rain dances might be paying off as it is starting to rain as I type this and is supposed to rain hard all night and into tomorrow morning.  We surely need this and I am certainly not complaining!  On a side note, I am starting to book up my Pittsburg summer trips, make sure to send me an email to reserve a spot if you are interested. In the meantime here are the pictures from this weekend!

Steve with his "3rd cast" Salmon

Bill with his 17" Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment