Monday, April 16, 2012

Low Water = Work Harder

The water levels are at an all time low for this early in the season.  We are in desperate need of rain or else our southern rivers season will be ending early this year.  I bumped into a Conservation Officer and after he checked all of our licenses we talked about low water conditions.  He offered that without rain it looks as though most of the fish designated for stocking in our rivers could be put into ponds and lakes instead.  Being a river guide, I am hoping for some real rain soon.  In the meantime, we will make do with what we have available.  In reality this has been one of the best early spring seasons of fishing that I have ever seen.  We are still catching lots of fish and some monsters at that.  I had two sets of clients this past weekend and there were some personal bests caught by some very well traveled anglers.  We had to really work for the fish and explore a decent amount of water, but there are fish to be had.  I am looking forward to guiding a bunch of new clients over my April vacation and my Pittsburg trips are starting to book.  If you are interested in doing a trip up in Pittsburg N.H. with me anytime from late June until the end of the season let me know.  I have many weekdays available as well as weekends.  Here are a few pictures of clients with fish from this past weekend!
Bob with a really nice salmon!

Steve caught this on a size 18 emerger!
Bob with the Bow of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment