Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year??

There are many who would argue that early spring is the best time to find large fish.  I am one who considers the fall my favorite time to pursue the larger fish.  Well, I may be leaning a little more in the direction of spring after an outing I had this past weekend.  I had a few hours early in the morning and went to a favorite spot of mine.  I was there by sun up and started to fish some streamers in order to "search and destroy."  Well within the first 15 minutes I was having no luck at all and decided to change it up as I usually do when things aren't going quite right.  I switched over to my feedinators and a few other droppers and immediately started to hook up.  The fish were hitting hard and I was having a great time.  Overall two and a half hours of fishing and over a dozen fish landed... Mostly nice salmon and bows.  The moral of the story, when things aren't working, change.  As my good friend Tom always says, " If it's not working, change. It doesn't matter what you change.  Change tippet, change flies, change spots, change your underwear if you have to!  Do whatever it takes, change." As always, enjoy a few pics! 

19" 4+ lb Bow

23" Landlock Salmon

1 comment:

  1. That is one fat 'bow...
    Did it eat the salmon in the pic below it or what?
    -Eric

    ReplyDelete