Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Backwoods Gems

It is starting to feel like we are truly on the doorstep of summer and all of the wonderful things that summer fly fishing in Pittsburg has to offer.  I have been up north quite a bit lately and though the fishing has not been predictable, it has had it's moments of glory.  I found some salmon and wild brookies in a few hike in only spots that always seem to produce in the early season. 

I have a lot of people ask me what it is about Pittsburg that makes it so special for me.  To be honest it is a lot of different things.  I have a sentimental attachment to the whole area as it is where I learned to fly fish when I was six years old.  We had a camp on the first Connecticut lake when I was young and it was there that I really felt the draw of this wild area.  I learned the majority of my outdoor skills in the area and I still have the same sense of comfort in the woods and rivers of Pittsburg that I did when I was exploring as a teenager.  I think what I enjoy the most is that even though I have been all over Pittsburg for many years, I still know that it has so much more to offer than I will ever have time for.  My goal for this summer is to get to as many unexplored areas as possible when I am not guiding and add to my Pittsburg knowledge.  I look forward to getting back out with return clients and very much look forward to all of my new clients who are already in the books!  Feel free to shoot me an email if you are interested in my availability for the summer months!  The best is yet to come!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com


"Wild Gem"

No comments:

Post a Comment