Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The "Canoe" ...

Well, I finally went and did it.  I decided to buy a nice canoe to use for guiding and exploring.  I had a couple of days to try her out in the past week or so and it has been a blast.  The idea was to give myself another option for taking folks out if the rivers were too high.  This would allow us to check out many of the remote ponds for beautiful brook trout.  The canoe is a 14' 6", nice and wide, Old Town , Saranac 146.  It has three seats, but the front and the back seats have cushioned back rests.  It tracks well and is perfect for one angler to sit and fly cast out of the bow while I paddle and position you from the stern.  I was able to test this process out with my favorite "sport", (my father), and if he was able to be productive, I would say anyone has a great chance as well!  Here are some pictures of the fun we had this past week.

What is it?

Canoe Gem!

The king of the pool!

Great View!


1 comment: