Friday, July 25, 2014

A Link to the Past....

A few days back I had a chance to guide two brothers who had never been to Pittsburg.  One had some fly fishing experience, while the other had mostly been a spin fisherman.  After about an hour of fishing, my favorite line of the day was, "Patrick, I think you converted me to fly fishing!"  The cool part about this trip was that there were lots of connections to the past for these two guys.  First, their grandfather had recently passed away and they had learned that when he was married, he had gone on his honey moon in Pittsburg.  Next, I found out that they would be staying at the lodge that I not only used to be the head guide for, but also stayed in myself many times when I was their age.  Lastly, as I pull in to pick them up for our trip, I see their vehicle parked right next to old Cabin #4.  This was were my family and I stayed for many a summer trip when I was a youngster myself.  In fact I remember distinctly catching "my limit" while staying in that cabin and having my picture taken with the trout I was about to fry up!  I was about 10 years old at the time.  The day of fishing was great.  We caught lots of fish, got lots of nice pictures, ate at a nice local Pittsburg café for brunch and made lots of memories on the water.  Just before we headed out one of the boys said, " I think Grampa would be proud of us."  I agree guys, he would have been very proud.  Thanks for a great trip!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com

1st Fish, 2nd Cast


Zach is in on the action!

Nice looking Brown

Action Shot

Orange Belly

Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment