Monday, July 13, 2015

Stay a Little Longer....

     One thing I find happening to most people when they visit Pittsburg is that at the end of a trip they usually say, I wish I could just stay one more day!  I know the feeling especially when I need to go back down south for a work week.  That being said, I do whatever I can to make the best out of my time here and help others to do the same.  Fishing has continued to be wonderful lately with large salmon still in the mix.  I had a gentleman last week who almost had his 12 inch brookie eaten by a "mystery monster fish" as he reeled him in.  I don't know what kind of fish it was as I only saw the explosions on the water, but it was either a humungous brown or Salmon.   The other thought in my head was that it may have been a giant laker.  With the higher water last month, I would not have been surprised to see it in the river.  I may need to tie up another 12" brookie streamer and see if I can hook into the beast!  My "go to" flies for the past few weeks have been Feedinators in all colors, Pittsburg Buggers, San Juans, Caddis Dries, Kev's Caddis and Emerginators.  Depending on the time of day everything has been matching up with the hatches.  I plan to do a little bit of exploring in the next few days to see how our outer ponds look as well.  Let me know if you would like to get out and do a little fishing as my dates are getting close to being filled for the summer!  Time flies when you are having fun!  Feel free to email me for my availability or even if you just have a question about what is happening up here!  Looking forward to seeing people on the rivers and ponds!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com


Little Orange Belly Action


18" Salmon.  What a Battle!


Art?


Fun Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment