Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What is your Catch Phrase?!

Fish on!  Got one!  Here we go!  Big fish!  Heeeeeey! Yahtzee????!  The opportunity to announce a hookup on a recent trip was just about as fun as landing it!  I was able to guide two awesome guys from "down below" and we just had a blast!  They were athletic, younger guys, about my age and this gave me a unique opportunity.  We were able to go anywhere that I wanted!  It is amazing how the fishing success can increase ten fold just by being able to wade the river.  In two days of fishing we hit five different sections of the river and could have done more if we had wanted to.  The quality and quantity of fish landed was just great as well.  The best part was that we maybe bumped into four other anglers in the entire two days of fishing as well!  This happens more often than not if you are able to get up on week days.  As a guide, being able to make a plan and fish pools in a certain order makes for a more enjoyable day on the water as well.  So how many fish did they land in two days?  I don't know... lots... What flies did we catch them on?  Everything....  There are so many fish in the river right now, that you really do not have to do anything special to hook them.  We actually stopped fishing certain pools and moved down river as I felt guilty about the numbers of fish we caught.  If I had to give you some of my go to flies for right now here would be the list:  Black Feedinators, Sulfur Emerginators, Pink San Juans, Egg patterns and Pittsburg Buggers. 
Thank you Winslow and Devin for a great couple of days of fishing and I hope to get back out there again with you soon!

I do have some openings left for the next couple of weeks!  Let me know if you want to get out on some phenomenal fishing before the summer is over!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com

DOUBLES!

Bow and Brookie!

Beautiful Brookie


The Battle

YAHTZEE!!!

16 " Racer Bow

Put him on a Catalogue

Wolf Pack...

No comments:

Post a Comment