Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer at last!

Well it is finally here and it has been crazy so far!  I left straight from school and needed to make one quick stop before heading all the way up to Pittsburg.  The quick stop consisted of running up Mount Washington, then back down, as part of the Mount Washington Road Race for my running team, Whirlaway.  Once that small task was out of the way it was up to camp! I needed to organize all of my gear, take a quick power nap and then it was off to meet with my "sports" to make sure everything was ready for the next morning. I guided four great folks for three consecutive days with my good friend Tom Jutras and to say the fishing was great was an understatement.  Four "sports", three days and close to 100 fish between them, made for a very enjoyable trip.  Most of the group were beginners, but they were able to pick up the basics very quickly and add on to their new skills as the days rolled along.  The following five days were spent helping with the N.H. Trout Unlimited Kid's Camp.  I have been involved with this camp for 8 years now and it is amazing how far it has come since just a few of us were sitting around a kitchen table talking about how to make it work back in 2007.  I was the assistant director of the camp for the first few years and now get to do what I enjoy the most, teach and guide the kids.  The camp flew by and was a great success once again with happy campers and lasting memories for all. The flows are back to normal right now in Pittsburg and fishing continues to be productive.  I still have openings over the next few weeks if you would like to come up and try out our rivers.  Things are only getting better up here now and I would love to show you around!  In the meantime, as always, if you have any questions about the flows, or fishing, please feel free to shoot me an email and I will be sure to get back to you!  Enjoy!

Patrick@fishstoryguideservice.com

First big brookie of the day!




One of the big boys!

Good battle!


Nice Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment